Viking Days FAQs
Registration is closed for Viking Days 2013.
- Do I need to print my registration, pick up tickets, or bring anything with me to Viking Days?
- What's the plan for Friday, Oct. 18?
- What's the plan for Saturday, Oct. 19?
- What's the plan for the Langskip 5K Run?
- What time will the Washington Pavilion open for Saturday night's All-Class Reunion, Viking Varieties show and the Afterglow?
- What's the weather forecast?
- What should I wear Saturday night?
- What's the schedule for Sunday, Oct. 20?
- Where can I stock up on Augie gear?
- Is the reunion event at the Washington Pavilion on Saturday, Oct. 19, just for classes ending in 3 and 8?
Do I need to print my registration, pick up tickets, or bring anything with me to Viking Days?
Physical tickets are only needed for the Football game. For all other Viking Days events, we will have your name on a list at each event you signed up to attend. A program for all the activities during Viking Days, including a campus map, will be available during the weekend.
What's the plan for Friday, Oct. 18?
On Friday, a number of events are happening on campus, including the Career Symposium, the Honor Guard Coffee Reception, Chapel, Campus Tours, the Honor Guard Luncheon, the 50th Class Reunion Luncheon, the "Nostalgic Nickels" talent show, viewing of "SKOL! Augustana at 150" and gallery exhibits in the Center for Western Studies and the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery. Friday night, we'll celebrate the achievements of our alumni at the reception for "Wrapped Up," Paintings and Drawings by Audrey Stommes '10 in the Center for Visual Arts; and at the Blue & Gold Gala and Hall of Fame banquet at the Holiday Inn City Centre in downtown Sioux Falls (registration was required for these two events). Following the Gala and the Banquet, we'll enjoy drinks and snacks at the Viking Days Kickoff Party, beginning at 9 p.m. in the Falls Room at the Holiday Inn, featuring music by the Hegg Brothers. Learn more.
What's the plan for Saturday, Oct. 19?
Are you ready for the 2013 Langskip 5K Run?
Am I able to pick up my race packet before Saturday?
Race packets will be available for pick up on Friday, October 18, at the Fellows Presidential Residence, at 37th Street and Grange Avenue between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Where do I check in?
Please check in starting at 8:15 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Fellows Presidential Residence, at 37th Street and Grange Avenue. Race time is 9 a.m. starting at the Presidential Residence.
Are there changing rooms and restrooms?
The Elmen Center will be available to runners beginning at 8 a.m. The Presidential Residence will not be open to runners.
Can I park in the Elmen parking lot?
Augustana Campus Safety requests that you park on the street, but not on the parade route. The Elmen Center parking lot is not available the morning of the race due to Augustana's homecoming football game.
If you have any other questions, please contact Corey Camp, Director of the Augustana Fund and Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the starting line!
- 9 a.m.: Langskip 5K
- 9:30 a.m.: Pancake Feed benefiting the Performing & Visual Arts
- 10:30 a.m.: Parade (College Drive to 33rd St. along Grange Ave.)
- 11:30 a.m.: Viking Days Tailgate outside K-O Stadium
- 11:30 a.m. 50th Class Reunion tailgate
- 1 p.m.: Football vs. Upper Iowa
- All-Class Reunion, Viking Varieties and the Afterglow
Learn more, including details on the Rec Services reunion, Alumni Choir and Alumni Band reunions and the What's Up Doc? reception honoring Dr. Harry Krueger.
What time will the Washington Pavilion open for Saturday night's All-Class Reunion, Viking Varieties show and the Afterglow?
- The reunion for members of the Honor Guard (alumni who have celebrated their 50th class reunion) and the 50th reunion class of 1963 begins at 5:30 p.m.
- If you purchased the All-Class Reunion and Viking Varieties tickets, plan to arrive at the Pavilion between 5:30-6 p.m. The All-Class Reunion will run from 6-7:30 p.m. Seating for the Viking Varieties show in the Mary Sommervold Hall will begin at 7:30. Seating is general admission. Plan to stay after the show for the Augustana Afterglow, featuring desserts, drinks and dancing!
- If you purchased tickets to Viking Varieties, plan to arrive at the Pavilion between 7-7:30 p.m. Seating for the Viking Varieties show in the Mary Sommervold Hall will begin at 7:30. Seating is general admission. Plan to stay after the show for the Augustana Afterglow, featuring desserts, drinks and dancing!
What's the weather forecast?
The forecast for Friday and Saturday is predicted to be partly cloudy with temperatures in the low 50s.
What should I wear Saturday night?
Blue and gold are always recommended! Seriously though ... business-casual attire would be appropriate.
What's the schedule for Sunday, Oct. 20?
- Worship: 10:30 a.m. in the Elmen Center. Rev. Jeff Barrow '73, bishop of the Greater Milwaukee Synod, ELCA, preaching.
- Brunch: 11:30 a.m., Morrison Commons. If you purchased tickets to brunch when you registered, your name will be on the list at the door. Tickets are also available for purchase at the door.
Where can I stock up on Augie gear?
Visit the Augustana Bookstore, located inside Morrison Commons. The Bookstore's hours for the weekend are:
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Is the reunion event at the Washington Pavilion on Saturday, Oct. 19, just for classes ending in 3 and 8?
No, we know that you made friends outside of your own class and want to invite all alumni back to celebrate with those friends and see alumni from multiple years. Classes ending in 3 and 8 will still be honored with designated gathering areas and their reunion class photo.
Don't see the answer to your question here? Contact the Alumni Office at 605.274.4904 or email@example.com.
What is the last possible day to buy tickets?
Online registration closed on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
What is being served for dinner at the All-Class Reunion?
The All-Class reunion will include a cash bar and heavy appetizer buffet.