UPDATE: SD Academy of Science Annual Meeting Canceled
Date: April 11 - April 12, 2013
Times: Canceled due to severe weather.
The annual meeting of the South Dakota Academy of Science, planned for April 12-13 on the Augustana campus, has been canceled due to severe weather. However, Dr. Eric Klawiter will be giving his talk, "Mapping neural connections with MRI to study neurologic disease" at 3 p.m. in GSC 101.
The 98th annual meeting of the South Dakota Academy of Science (SDAS) will feature a keynote address on "Connectomics: Mapping Neural Connections with MRI to Study Neurologic Disease" by alumnus Dr. Eric Klawiter '00, assistant professor of Neurology for Harvard Medical School, at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 12, in GSC 100.
A division of the National Association of Academies of Science (NAAS), the mission of SDAS is to promote the scientific and science education goals of South Dakota and to encourage all facets of scientific inquiry and experiences.
The two-day event and keynote discussion are free and open to the public.
The meeting will also feature:
Friday, April 12:
- Oral presentations: 1:30 - 5 p.m., Gilbert Science Center
- Bioinformatics Symposium and Poster session: 3 - 5 p.m., Gilbert Science Center
Saturday, April 13:
- Science Education Symposium: 8 - 10:30 a.m., Gilbert Science Center
- Oral presentations: 8 - 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 4 p.m., Gilbert Science Center
- Poster Session: 10:30 a.m. - noon, Our Saviors Lutheran Church, Gathering Place
View a complete schedule of the speakers and presentations.