Applying to Augustana
Augustana is happy to receive applications from first-year students upon completion of their junior year of high school. The College sends the first offers of admission on October 1 and continues on a rolling basis thereafter. Students interested in scholarships are encouraged to apply by January 1 of their senior year. Transfer students are encouraged to apply at least one semester prior to their desired enrollment date.
Augustana evaluates students on a holistic basis, making decisions based on each candidate’s grade point average, course selections, standardized test scores, essay, academic reference/letter of recommendation, and contributions to school, community, and church.
Your Application for Admission will become part of your permanent record at Augustana College. You can apply to Augustana one of three ways. Whichever way you choose, the application is FREE!
- Apply online using the Augustana online application form.
- Apply by paper, using the Augustana application form (.pdf)
- Submit the Common Application
Your admission file will be complete once all of the following have been received:
- Completed application
- Results of your ACT (Augustana #3902) or SAT (Augustana #6015) scores
- High school transcript
- One essay (250 words minimum) on a topic of your choice, graded or otherwise, which best demonstrates your writing ability
- One recommendation. Download the recommendation form (.pdf). You are welcome to either mail it to the College's address (located at the bottom of this website) or email a saved copy to email@example.com.
- Transcripts of all previous college work, if applicable
Learn more about:
- Admission requirements
- Student profile
- Applying as a transfer student
- Applying as an international student
- Applying as a graduate student
- Scholarships and Grants