The faculty are those who have been granted status as faculty members by the Board of Trustees upon recommendation of the President. The faculty shall consist of teachers with the ranks of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, or Instructor, and any other designated by the President.
The University welcomes applications for the following Faculty positions:
- Graduate Assistant Track and Field Coach
- Graduate Assistant for Women's Swimming and Diving
- Clinical Faculty/Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Assistant Professor of Government and International Affairs
Augustana University, an NCAA Division II private liberal arts institution that competes in the Northern Sun Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Track and Field Coach. The position will assist the Head Coach with all aspects of the program. Duties will include, but are not limited to, practice planning, recruiting, meet management, and other duties assigned by head coach. Experience with jumps, sprints, and multi-events preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree is required and previous experience as a track and field athlete or coach is preferred. Compensation will be a stipend and tuition waiver. This position will begin Fall 2018.
Send cover letter, resume and three references to Tracy Hellman, Head Track Coach, Augustana University, 2001 S Summit Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57197 or by email at email@example.com.
Augustana University, an NCAA Division II private liberal arts institution that competes in the Northern Sun Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for women’s swimming and diving. The individual will assist the Head Coach with all aspects of the program. This person will be the lead coach for diving and perform other duties assigned by head coach. A Bachelor’s Degree is required and previous experience as a swimming athlete or coach is preferred. Compensation will be a stipend and tuition waiver. This position will begin Fall 2018.
To apply, send letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Lindsie Micko at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Augustana University Department of Athletic Training invites applications for a 12-month Clinical Faculty/Assistant Athletic Trainer. The successful candidate will provide medical care to Augustana University student athletes, provide coverage for assigned athletic teams, teach courses in the Masters of Science of Athletic Training Program and Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, and serve as a clinical preceptor for athletic training students.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- This person will be the primary athletic trainer for assigned sports teams.
- Athletic Training duties include injury prevention, first aid and emergency care, assessment, rehabilitation, health care administration, medical referral and documentation of injuries.
- Provide practice and home event coverage for assigned teams.
- Potential travel with assigned sports teams.
- Administrative duties within the athletic training program.
- This person will help to coordinate medical referrals to team physicians and other appropriate healthcare professionals.
- Maintain high moral and ethical conduct as governed by the NATA and SDATA.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Teach six (6) to eight (8) academic credit hours per academic year as assigned by the Program Director (some of these academic credits are assigned to clinical faculty duties).
- Serve as a Clinical Preceptor (CP) for Athletic Training Student’s clinic education program.
- Perform Athletic Training Student clinical competency evaluations.
- Serve as an academic advisor to Athletic Training Students assigned by the Program Director.
- Actively participate in Athletic Training, ESS and Athletic Departments staff meetings.
- Assist with recruiting and visiting with prospective Athletic Training Students.
- Serve on the Athletic Training Program Selection Committee.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- BOC Certification Prior to Employment
- South Dakota State Licensure Eligible
- Master’s Degree
- Athletic training experience at college level in a clinical environment or equivalent.
- Previous experience with CAATE accredited athletic training education program.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of application, current resume, a completed Augustana University employment application, and names and contact information for three professional references electronically to: email@example.com. Official web site: www.augie.edu.
Contact Search Committee Chair with questions: Dr. James Day, Assistant Professor, Exercise and Sport Sciences, Athletic Training Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 605.274.5308.
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Government and International Affairs
Augustana University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Government and International Affairs beginning in Fall 2019.
Responsibilities: This is an international relations and comparative politics position. The successful applicant must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching excellence in a liberal arts environment. Courses to be taught depend primarily on departmental needs in both areas of international and comparative, with some flexibility for the candidate’s training and interests.
The typical load for members of the department is three courses per semester plus a course in two out of every three January terms.
Qualifications: Completed Ph.D. required. Evidence of teaching excellence and scholarly productivity is expected as is an ability to contribute courses to Augustana University’s Civitas honors program and/or First Year Seminar program.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a completed Augustana University employment application, copies of graduate transcripts, evidence of teaching effectiveness (including teaching evaluations), statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research plans, statement of commitment to diversity, a writing sample and three recommendation letters electronically to email@example.com . Review of applications begins on September 14, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Preliminary interviews will take place at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association in Boston (August 30-September 2, 2018).
Contact Search Committee Chair with questions: Dr. Joel Johnson, Professor of Government and International Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 605.274.5319.
Address for sending applications:
Dean of the University
Email submissions are preferred.
Dean of the University
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.