The International Programs Office Photo Contest will take place from February - May 2014.
Photos can be entered in the following categories.
FOR STUDY OUTSIDE THE US
- My Experience Abroad — any picture abroad with you in it!
- Local Culture — photos that capture locally characteristic phenomena, scenes and people.
- Send Me There! — pictures that showcase the scenery and landscape and inspire others to want to go there.
- Faculty Abroad — photos of Augustana professor(s) abroad.
FOR STUDY IN THE US
- Snapshot of America — pictures of the American experience as seen by Augustana international students.
- Visit the IPO Photo Contest Facebook page. The link to this page will be activated in March 2014.
- Upload photos to the IPO Photo Contest Facebook Page from any study abroad experience you participated in from Summer 2013 on. International students can share photos taken in the US after August 1, 2013.
- Limit of two photos per category per person for STUDY OUTSIDE THE US categories and five photos per person for STUDY IN THE US (Snapshot of America).
- Deadline for entry is April 15, 2014!
- Each entry must have a description attached in order to be considered. The description should include:
Study Abroad term (Spring Break 2013, etc):
Location of photo:
Title OR Brief description of photo (50 words or less):
Category (See categories above):
- To enter the contest, pictures and descriptions should be posted on Facebook before 3 p.m. on April 15, 2014.
- Each entry will be scored by the number of "likes" the photo gets on Facebook. You can "like" as many pictures as you want, and get your 1000 Facebook friends to like the picture as well!! Voting closes at 3 p.m. on April 15th. The earlier you submit your photos, the more time your friends have to "like" them!
- The top ten photos in each category will be displayed in the Commons beginning on April 30. Students and faculty will cast votes to determine the top 3 prizes in each category. You will be contacted for a larger format photo, so don't delete the pictures you enter!
- The photo receiving the most votes overall will receive the People's Choice Award.
- Winners will be announced at a reception in May.
- $30, $20 and $10 prizes will be awarded in each category. The winner of the People's Choice Award will receive $50.