Norwegian Nursing Exchange Program
Find out more about the Augustana University Nursing Exchange Program.
For its Norwegian Nursing Exchange program, Augustana University partners with the following Norwegian institutions:
A Nursing curriculum has been designed for exchange students from partner schools to include 15 U.S. credit hours, which is equivalent to 30 ECTS credits.
Norwegian Nursing Exchange students applying for admission to the Augustana University and the Department of Nursing must complete the following steps listed below:
- Step 1 - Create an application account and then complete and submit the free International Student Application. This application also includes a request for a personal essay.
(Documents for Steps 2, 3 and 4 may be uploaded within the application portal.)
- Step 2 - Submit a copy of your Norwegian University College Transcripts (Karakterutskrift).
- Step 3 - Submit a copy of your Passport Information Page that includes your name, date of birth and photo.
- Step 4 - Submit a Professional Essay (one - two pages in length) including information below:
- Summary of experiences in Nursing and previous Clinical Settings
- Goals for professional practice in the future
- Goals for your experience at Augustana
After official admission to Augustana University and the Department of Nursing, the admitted students will submit the following completed forms (Steps 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9). All forms should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Additional Forms Required by June 1
- Step 5 - Required Immunization Form - Take this form to your doctor's office and request they fill this out and sign it. When they return the form to you, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 6 - Physical Exam Form - Take this form to your doctor's office and request they fill this out and sign it. When they return the form to you, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Step 7 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Verification Form - Take this form to your University's Nursing Program Office. Your University will verify and sign this document. When they return the form to you, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 8 - Letter from home university indicating that they have on file a Certificate of Good Conduct issued by police authorities in student’s hometown (police background check). You do not need a new background check. You may use the background check that your university has on file for your current Nursing program. When your university gives you this letter, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Step 9 - Clinical Internship Interest Form (internship placements are assigned based upon the student’s interest and clinical unit availability (please note: some placements are difficult to secure due to high interest). When you complete this form, please print and scan this form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Step 9, students will rank their top three clinical interests on the form from the following:
And an additional Observational Clinical Experience (1-2 days pending clinical unit and preceptor availability) include:
- Diabetic Education
- Emergency Trauma Services
- Hospice/Palliative Care
- Internal Medicine Grand Rounds
- Same Day Surgery and Recovery