Augustana University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The address and phone number of the association are, as follows:
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Original accreditation 1931; Last accreditation visit 2011; Next Accreditation visit: April, 2022.
Augustana University is also accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.
The University holds professional accreditation in the following organizations:
- ACGC — Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling
- ACS — American Chemical Society (approval)
- CAATE — Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (approval)
- CCNE — Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- NASM — National Association for Schools of Music
- SDBN — South Dakota Board of Nursing (approval)
In compliance with federal regulations, Augustana University is required to share information with students about licensure prior to admission to programs that lead to certification or licensure. Information is shared according to student location, which the university has determined as the location in which the student is taking a majority of the courses within a program. (For example, for programs primarily delivered on campus, the student location would be Sioux Falls, SD, not the student’s state of residency.) A student’s location will be determined during the program application process. Students should notify the program of any location changes during the course of study.