Augustana believes in a holistic review of admission candidates. We do, however, identify the following as minimum expectations of first-year applicants:
- ACT Composite of 20 (SAT of 950). Augustana average: 26
- Top half of your graduating class
- Grade Point Average of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale). Augustana average: 3.68.
- Writing competency as demonstrated by admission essay
- Official transcript, which shows evidence of a college preparatory program of study, including a recommended curriculum of:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math
- 3 years of science
- 2 years of foreign language
- 2 years of social science
Students who have completed the General Education Development Exam (GED) must score a minimum of 500 on each of the five GED tests. They are also expected to submit the results of the PSAT, ACT, or SAT exams.
Transfer students must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 (on a 4.0 scale).