Augustana believes in a holistic review of admission candidates. We do, however, identify the following as minimum expectations of first-year applicants:
- ACT Composite of 20 (SAT of 950). Augustana average: 25
- Top half of your graduating class
- Grade Point Average of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale). Augustana average: 3.68.
- Writing competency as demonstrated by admission essay/writing sample/personal statement
- Official transcript, which shows evidence of a college preparatory program of study, including a recommended curriculum of:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math
- 3 years of science
- 2 years of social science
- Augustana does not require a foreign language for admission. Students are encouraged to take foreign language courses in
high school if they have the opportunity.
Students who have completed the General Education Development Exam (GED) must score a minimum of 500 on each of the five GED tests. They are also expected to submit the results of the PSAT, ACT, or SAT exams.
Transfer students must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 (on a 4.0 scale).