Augustana believes in a holistic review of admission candidates. We do, however, identify the following as minimum expectations of first-year applicants considered for regular admission:
- ACT Composite of 20 (SAT of 950). Augustana average: 25
- Top half of high school graduating class
- Grade Point Average of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale). Augustana average: 3.68.
- Official transcript, which shows evidence of a college preparatory program of study, including a recommended curriculum of:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math
- 3 years of science
- 2 years of social science
- Augustana does not require a foreign language for admission. Students are encouraged to take foreign language courses in
high school if they have the opportunity.
Students who do not meet all of the eligibility requirements identified above may still be considered for admission to the University. Additional supporting materials are welcomed by the admission committee.
Students who have completed the General Education Development Exam (GED) must score a minimum of 500 on each of the five GED tests. They are also expected to submit the results of the PSAT, ACT, or SAT exams.
Transfer students should possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 (on a 4.0 scale) at the institution from which the student is transferring.