Applying to Augustana
Start your free application today!
Augustana is happy to receive applications from first-year students upon completion of their junior year of high school. The university sends the first offers of admission on October 1 and continues on a rolling basis thereafter. The first priority application date for scholarships is December 1 of the senior year. Transfer students are encouraged to apply at least one semester prior to their desired enrollment date.
Augustana evaluates students on a holistic basis, making decisions based on each candidate’s grade point average, course selections, standardized test scores, essay, academic reference/letter of recommendation, and contributions to school, community, and church.
Your Application for Admission will become part of your permanent record at Augustana University. You can apply to Augustana one of three ways. Whichever way you choose, the application is FREE!
- Apply online using the Augustana online application form.
- Apply by paper, using the Augustana application form (.pdf)
- Submit the Common Application
Your admission file will be complete once all of the following have been received:
- Completed application
- Results of your ACT (Augustana #3902) or SAT (Augustana #6015) scores
- High school transcript
- One essay (250 words minimum) on a topic of your choice, graded or otherwise, which best demonstrates your writing ability
- One recommendation. Download the recommendation form (.pdf): freshman / transfer. You are welcome to either mail it to the university's address (Augustana University * 2001 S Summit Ave * Sioux Falls, SD 57197) or email a scanned copy to email@example.com.
- Transcripts of all previous college work, if applicable
- ZeeMee (optional). Augustana is excited to partner with ZeeMee, a free service that helps students bring their applications to life. We are committed to reviewing every applicant as a unique individual. Simply copy and paste your link into the Augustana application. Sign up today at ZeeMee.com.
Learn more about:
- Admission requirements
- Student profile
- Applying as a transfer student
- Applying as an international student
- Applying as a graduate student
- Scholarships and Grants