Camps, Festivals and Competitions
Augustana hosts several annual events on campus that promote the arts:
- Summer Music Camp — This Sunday through Friday camp for students entering grades 7-12 is led by Dr. Paul Nesheim, director of The Augustana Choir.
- Jazz Camp 2013 — A four-day camp in July for 7th-12th grade musicians.
- Augustana Band Festival — Each November, students from high schools in four states participate in workshops and rehearsals for three days prior to a Grand Finale Concert.
- Jazz on the Upper Great Plains Festival — Around 50 high school bands representing Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa participate in this annual March festival.
- The 17th Annual Trombone Festival — High school and colleged students have the opporutnity to rehearse and attend clinics with a guest artist and other area musicians in this special event which runs April 11-12, 2013. The festival includes mass choirs, recitals, clinics & master classes, instrument dealers/displays and concerts each evening.
- Lee Piano Competition — The Eighth Biennial Lee Piano Competition is Saturday, April 27, in memory of the late J. Earl Lee and Clara Lee, two esteemed Augustana professors and features competitors from across the country, ranging in K-12 grades from 4-12, competing for more than $6,500 in cash awards.