Spend your summer in Sioux Falls!
Summer Housing is available to students for use during the summer months.
We reserve summer housing spaces, first, for students who are:
- Working or required to be on-campus due to a summer grant, work study, or specific departmental or program needs; or
- Taking courses at Augustana. Online courses are acceptable, and there is no minimum credit requirement.
Once all students who require housing for these purposes have been placed, additional vacant spaces are offered to others who have applied, in accordance with our summer housing waiting list.
Interning in Sioux Falls but not an Augustana student? We are sometimes able to offer housing to non-Augustana students while they work and learn here in our great city. However, we only offer space to non-Augustana student once our current students have been placed. We will not make offers to non-Augustana student prior to mid-May, there is no guarantee applying will result in a confirmed space, and students must adhere to the Augustana Student Handbook, including contract dates of June 3- August 4, 2017.
Summer 2018 housing options will be made available April 2018.
For Summer 2018, the transition dates that all students need to be aware of are:
- June 3, 2018 - Move In Day for Summer Session 1/ All Summer Residents
- June 30, 2018 - Last day of Summer Housing Session 1. Students leaving at the end of Summer Housing Session 1 are required to check out by 12pm.
- July 8, 2018 - Move In Day for Summer Session 2
- August 4, 2018 - Last day of Summer Housing Session 2. Students leaving at the end of Summer Housing or not signed up for 2018- 2019 on campus housing are required to check out by 12pm. Students living on campus for 2018- 2019 will transition to their fall space on this day.
In order to make these transitions as smooth as possible for all involved, it is expected that students will adhere to the requirements laid out above.
View Rates for Summer Housing 2017 for specific rate information. Summer 2018 Rates coming soon!
Students will be billed for an entire Summer Housing Session, regardless of when they choose to leave during that session. The Campus Life Office will not pro-rate any Summer Housing Session rates, including cable television.
Some students may be eligible for a discounted Summer Housing rate. In order to be eligible, a student must be working at least 25 hours per week on campus through a grant or institutionally funded work study position. The discounted rate is applied only to summer sessions where students work 25 hours or more on campus.
Each summer, we hire Summer Coordinators to assist Campus Life with the oversight of our Summer Conferences and Summer Housing programs. Please visit Summer Coordinators for more information about the position and to apply.