Student Success Center Needs-Based Fund
Applications due by February 26, 2021
Through a partnership with the Augustana Student Association, the Student Success Center Needs-Based Fund provides limited financial support to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet expenses due to financial hardship. Decisions regarding disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis and students should consult with the Office of Financial Aid, the International Programs Office, and/or the Student Success Center. Awards are not considered loans and do not require repayment. Some funds may be considered income and are therefore subject to federal taxes.
What is Covered By this Fund:
- Standardized exams that are required for graduate admittance or to obtain licensure that gives legal authority to work in an occupation
- Transportation for experiential learning opportunities through Lyft
- Partial coverage for textbook expenses
What is Not covered By this Fund (Not an Exhaustive List)
- Standardized tests taken 6+ months prior to submission of application.
- Standardized tests taken 90 days past graduation date.
- Standardized tests that lead to certification or any other exam that is not required for graduate admission or required to obtain licensure that gives legal authority to work in an occupation.
- Transportation to site other than confirmed experiential learning site.
- Transportation that is readily available through Sioux Area Metro.
- Textbooks purchased outside of Augustana University bookstore.
Students seeking allocation for transportation and textbooks should be currently enrolled as Augustana students and, through the Office of Financial Aid or the International Programs Office, demonstrate financial need. Students seeking allocation for standardized exams should have been an enrolled student within the past 90 days and demonstrate financial need through the Office of Financial Aid or the International Programs Office.
- Students may only qualify for funds once per academic year. If you are able to find different solutions (employment, financial aid, etc.) we suggest pursuing those alternatives. Funds are limited and will be disbursed only to students with unexpected needs and who have exhausted other possibilities.
- To be eligible, students must be able to demonstrate exceptional and unexpected financial need. Lack of employment and/or budgeting is not a stand-alone reason for approval.
- Students requesting textbook funds should present a strong recommendation from the Office of Financial Aid or the International Programs Office at the time they submit an application to the Success Center.
- Students who have unused aid left in their financial aid package will not qualify for funds.
- Funding for one semester does not guarantee funding for subsequent semesters.
- Due to funding limitations, there are limits to the support we can provide each semester. Your application does not guarantee assistance.
- Students must submit the application at least one week prior to the start of the semester. Please note that once approved, fund distribution can take up to two weeks.
- Applications without written description of unexpected hardship and/or lack of documentation will not be reviewed.
- Sites must be approved by the Student Success Center.
- Due to fund limitations, full coverage of Lyft ride is not guaranteed.
- Priority will be given to locations which are not readily accessible via Sioux Area Metro.
Other Augustana Offices to contact for assistance
Financial Aid Office by calling 605.274.5216 to discuss federal aid and student loan options you may qualify for.
- Applications should be filled out and returned to the Student Success Center. All applications will be reviewed by the Success Center along with the Office of Financial Aid and/or the Office of International Programs.
- The Success Center uses an equity-based awarding system. Funding amounts vary based on the time of year. Students may direct questions to email@example.com.
- Textbook Application
- Postgraduate Exam Application
- Transportation For Experiential Learning Fund Application