Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the University, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the University.
ABOUT AUGUSTANA UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1860, Augustana is a selective, residential university affiliated with the Lutheran Church. With more than 100 majors, minors and pre-professional programs for undergraduates, along with graduate degree and continuing education programs, the University is committed to enriching lives and fostering development by combining a foundation in the liberal arts with professional skill and advanced study.
With nearly 1,900 students from 38 states and 34 countries around the globe, Augustana has been ranked among the top baccalaureate institutions in the nation for our efforts to advance social mobility, research and service by Washington Monthly. We are pleased to be featured among "America's Top Colleges" by Forbes and to be named a "Best Midwestern College" by the Princeton Review and a "Best Buy" by U.S. News & World Report.
We are proud to say that the average ACT of our entering class is 26, one of the highest averages of any college or university in the region. Nearly 90 percent of our students come from South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska. Eleven percent are alumni legacies.
In September 2015 — 155 years after our founding — Augustana College became Augustana University, an illustration of our growing number of programs and centers for undergraduate and graduate students and in recognition of the physical growth happening on campus.
Augustana University is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. With a metro population of nearly 260,000, Sioux Falls is a growing, vibrant, and diverse city that is home to major health care centers, Fortune 500 business, national retailers, spirited entrepreneurs, and dynamic options for arts and entertainment. Sioux Falls has been named the "Best Small City for Business and Careers" by Forbes and ranked one of the "Best Places to Live by CNN.
- Admission Counselor
- Recreational Services Coordinator-Full-Time
- Assistant Director and International Student Advisor
Augustana University in Sioux Falls invites applications for the position of Admission Counselor. Responsibilities include managing recruitment efforts in geographic territories, public speaking engagements, leadership at college recruitment events, travel, communication with prospective students, reviewing application files, financial aid counseling, and managing special projects. Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment.
Salary commensurate with experience plus an excellent benefit package.
This search will be closed once the position is filled.
Full-time, 12 months, includes evening and weekend hours.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Articulate the value and values of an Augustana education to prospective students and
families, high school counselors, community college personnel, alumni, pastors, and
· Develop and implement a recruitment plan for assigned geographic territories.
· Meet with prospective students and their families during campus visits.
· Communicate with prospective students throughout the recruitment and application process,
including extensive correspondence via phone and email.
· Generate and review applications for admission and scholarships.
· Represent Augustana at a variety of functions including college fairs, high school visits,
receptions, and community events.
· Plan and implement six to ten weeks of travel in the fall, winter and spring months; weekend
and evening work required.
· Manage selected student recruitment programs and special projects as assigned by the Vice
President for Enrollment and Director of Admission.
· Financial aid counseling and advising.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong initiative and attention to detail.
· Sound understanding of and appreciation for a comprehensive education (liberal arts and
professional), grounded in five core values: Christian, liberal arts, excellence, community
· Goal oriented and driven to succeed.
· Excellent judgment, organizational, and multitasking skills.
· Sensitivity to the concerns and needs of diverse student populations.
· Ability to handle frequent changes, delays, and unexpected events in a flexible, positive way.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Sense of humor.
· Bachelor's Degree.
· Valid Driver's License (Must have had a valid driver's license for at least 2yrs).
· Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
· Minimum of one year of experience in higher education enrollment, marketing,
· Graduate of Augustana or similar-type institutions.
Send a letter of interest to Nancy Davidson, Vice President for Enrollment, describing qualifications for the position, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Recreational Services
The Recreational Services Coordinator has responsibility for assisting the Director of Recreational Services in managing the recreational opportunities for the entire campus and in managing the recreational facility. Primary responsibility is managing the Outdoor Recreation Program, and contributing strong leadership in the areas of staff training and development for the Outdoor Recreation program. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Key Result Areas and Activities:
- Effectively manage and coordinate the Outdoor Recreation program:
- Organize and direct the outdoor recreation program for the Augustana community.
- Further develop the outdoor recreation program goals and priorities.
- Train and supervise outdoor recreation program participants.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of outdoor recreation program activities.
- Maintain accurate participation records.
- Effectively manage the outdoor recreation program budget and maintain accurate budget records.
- Effectively market/promote the outdoor recreation program to the Augustana community.
- Purchase equipment and sign off on any program expenditures.
- Maintain an accurate equipment inventory.
- Provide leadership in the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of student leadership in the outdoor recreation program.
- Assist with the oversight and administration of Late night programming.
- Assist in the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of aquatic staff working in the recreational services department.
- Assist with facility event management.
- Assist with other aspects of the Recreational Services programs and facility management as needed.
- This position reports to the Director of Recreational Services.
Must have a strong commitment to working with students within the context of a private, church-related university environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Health, Physical Education, Outdoor Recreation, or related field.
- Certification in American Red Cross 1st Aid, CPR, AED
- Experience in developing and implementing adventure/outdoor recreation programs.
- Related wilderness first aid certification
- Lifeguard and/or WSI certification preferred.
Please complete an Augustana University employment application, provide a letter of interest, resume, and the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three references electronically to email@example.com.
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: International Programs Office
The primary role of the position is to work with international students. The person will also serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and will assist with monitoring students and maintaining U.S. Department of Homeland Security SEVIS records.
Academic and Cross-Cultural Advising
- Provide advice and assistance to international students on all aspects of their academic and cross-cultural experience
- Assist students with internships and volunteer requirements based on program requirements of their major or their sponsoring organization
- Assist Director of International Admission with new-student registration
Designated School Official (DSO)
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of student’s SEVIS records
- Process reinstatements, transfer-out, CPT, OPT and other related SEVIS procedures
- Provide students with info about employment and employment restrictions
- Provide students with information about maintaining legal F-1 student status
- Responsible for planning and implementation of international-student orientation
- Coordinate airport pickups, early arrivals, and housing with Student Services
- Direct the Augustana Cultural Exchange (ACE) Ambassador Program and serve as advisor to the Augustana International Club (AIC)
- Coordinate special activities and programming for international students throughout the year including excursions, ACE events, AIC events, Friday Rendezvous, and International Education Week events
- Coordinate the Host Family and Friendship Family Programs
- Serve as primary contact for Sponsored Student Programs (IREX, World Learning, American Councils) and administer paperwork and programming
Other Responsibilities Include-
- Update International Student Handbook
- Develop and maintain website with resources for international students
- Provide annual international student report to IIE’s Open Doors Report
- Provide back-up support to Study Abroad advisor
- Represent IPO on the Early Alert Response System (EARS) team providing support to students with academic success issues
- Bachelor degree required, Masters preferred
- Proficiency in a second language preferred
- Position requires some nights and weekend responsibilities (programming and conferences)
- Experience with study abroad/work abroad programs preferred
- Position requires familiarity with U.S. student visa “F” immigration regulations, must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident as mandated by federal regulations pertaining to Designated School Officials under Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) rules
- Demonstrated experience in ability to relate well to students, scholars, faculty, staff, and those from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Experience with event planning and management
- Experience with student retention strategies
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate technology to plan and implement educational programs and services
- Must be very organized, detail oriented, be a self-starter and have strong time management skills
- Ability to work well on a collaborative team as well as independently
- Requires responsibilities for driving students to Social Security office, airport pick-ups and to other community service organizations
- Requires some nights and weekend responsibilities
- Requires travel for purposes of student excursions, meetings, conferences
This position reports to the Director of International Programs.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment.