Students are employed on campus in two ways:
- The Federal Work-Study Program. Students qualify for this federally funded program by filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and demonstrating financial need. Students who have been awarded a Federal Wok-Study job will have work-study listed on their financial aid award.
- Institutionally-Funded Student Employment. This is also sometimes referred to as "work-study" but is paid by Augustana, not Federal funds.
- If you are an incoming new student at Augustana and have Federal Work-Study listed on your financial aid award, please fill out a Student Employment Acceptance Form prior to July 1. Please review the information on How to Accept your Federal Work-Study for the other steps that must be taken before you can begin your on-campus job.
- If you are a current student at Augustana and have been already hired by a specific department for a job, you do not need to fill out a Student Employment Acceptance Form. You are required to complete a W-4 and I-9 before you can begin working.
- If you have not been awarded work-study but are interested in a job on-campus, please submit an Augustana Employment Inquiry. You will be sent information about institutionally-funded employment opportunities on campus. Additionally, if you are also eligible for federal work-study, you will be sent more information about how to be added to the work-study waiting list.