Tutoring at Augustana
At Augustana, you will form ongoing relationships with your professors during office hours, co-curricular activities, academic advising and research. When you have questions, speaking with your professors is often the best place to start.
Academic departments also provide open tutoring sessions to support your learning. Peer tutors provide quality, course-specific academic support to Augustana students at no cost. Tutoring sessions are tailored to foster independent learning and meet students’ individual needs. Peer tutors have excelled in the courses they support and have been trained to facilitate discussions on course content, as well as learning strategies and study habits.
Connect virtually with a tutor today!
- Please contact the Writing Center if you need assistance with writing.
- Connect with a department tutor using an online scheduling tool, WCOnline.
- Looking for a department tutor in a discipline not currently advertised? Complete this form and we will connect with you.
Once you register, you can schedule an individual session at your convenience. An email will be sent to you to confirm your appointment. A few minutes before the conversation begins, log back into WCOnline and click on your time slot to launch the virtual session. To have two or more at the appointment add the name(s) to "What would you like to work on today" and ask the tutor to include you on a Google Hangout session
- Tutors may also send you a Google Hangouts link via your Augie email, so check there around the time of your appointment if needed, too. View this video to learn more about scheduling and meeting with a tutor.
- Sessions are 30 minutes in length. Students should limit themselves to 2 appointments per week per subject area.
- Tutors are listed in alphabetical order by subject.
- You can cancel by logging in and going to the time slot you picked and click on the red cancel button.
- To make an appointment for next week click on Next Week in the blue bar.