Fitness Incentive Programs
The ACIS Get Fit Program is a cross training incentive program that rewards participants with prizes for the number of times they exercise in a specified time period. Prizes are given after 20 and 40 workouts which are completed within the 12 week period.
In addition to proper nutrition and effective stress relief, exercise is a major component of a healthy lifestyle. Regular, consistent workouts offer health benefits, including a firmer, trimmer appearance, assistance in weight loss, stress-relief, and increased cardiovascular endurance and stamina.
You may receive credit for doing any of the following activities:
2. Group Fitness Classes
3. Weight Training
5. Using fitness equipment in the weight room
6. Playing indoor/outdoor intramurals
7. Running on the indoor track or treadmill
8. A number of other Recreational Services activities
The Get Fit Program is offered twice during the school year.
1. During first semester, the days you are allowed to record are Sunday, September 7th through Friday, December
2. During the second semester, the days you are allowed to record are Sunday, February 8th through Friday, May 15th.
Get Fit Rules:
1. Get Fit is a computer based program—we will add your name into the computer.
2. Inform the desk worker when you have completed a workout.
3. Participants are credited for legitimate 30 minute workouts on the day they participate.
4. Participants may only be credited once a day and four times per week.
5. Workouts must be completed in the Elmen Center facility except for outdoor intramurals and activities around campus.
6. Individuals must complete training in all four areas to be eligible for prizes.
- October 25th - Late Night Carnival
- November 6th - Hydrofit
- December 5th - HardCORE Abs
- February 18th - Circuit Weights
- March 7th - Late Night Battleship
- April 30th - Spring Poker Run
Swim your way to the holiday season! You can sign up for the 12 Days of Christmas - Swim Fest in the pool anytime from November 2nd to November 30th. Recording of swim minutes can begin on November 30th
1. Receive one point for every 30 minutes of activity in the pool.
2. Come between 6:30am and 7:30am two times a week and gain one extra point.
3. Points double on Friday’s from 8:30pm-10pm.
4. Receive prizes for 6 and 12 points.
The Miles Club is a program designed to motivate participants who use cardio equipment in the weight room. It gives participants the opportunity to log their miles traveled, set personal goals, and be rewarded for working out!
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up at the front desk or in the weight room from November 30th - January 4th or any time during interim.
2. Set a Miles Club goal!
3. Get to the weight room and start your trek! Workouts can be recorded between January 4th and January 28th. Following each workout, stop and check in with the Weight Room Supervisor - who will record and initial your progress.
25 Mile Club
50 Mile Club
75 Mile Club
Mile Conversion Chart:
Treadmill, Elliptical, & Indoor Track miles = straight miles
3 Bike Miles = 1 Run Mile
25 miles: Water bottle
50 miles: Towel
75 miles: T-shirt
Group Fitness Challenge
January 4 - January 28
What is the Goal?
Attend eight group fitness classes throughout the month of January, including two in each of the following: Weight Room/Forum, Back Alley, Multi-Purpose Room, and Pool. If you complete the goal, you will receieve a Group Fitness Challenge T-Shirt!
-You will get prizes based on how many miles a week you consistently swim between February 3 and March 13.
1 mile a week= 35 laps (x4= 140 laps total) = Lake Calhoun/ Drawstring Backpack
2 miles a week= 70 laps (x4= 280 laps total) = Cocoa Beach/ Towel
3 miles a week= 105 laps (x4= 420 laps total) = Honolulu/ T-shirt
-Swim between 6:30am and 7:30am Monday- Friday and 8:30pm- 10:00pm on Fridays and earn DOUBLE laps
- If you don’t like lap swimming, you can earn laps alternative ways…
- 1 Water Aerobics Class= 35 Pool Laps
- ½ hour of Aqua Jogging= 18 Pool Laps
Summer Swimming Shape Up
This swimming incentive program runs from March 22nd to May 15th and is an awesome way to get ready for summer! When you come to the pool, you will receive your own punch card with 24 spots to punch and can instantly start working toward the t-shirt prize! You can earn punches by attending a Hydrofit class (worth 3 punches), swimming between 6:30-7:30am or 8:30-10:00pm on Fridays (worth 2 punches), or swimming during open swim (worth 1 punch). Sign up for the program starts March 1st, so head on over to the Elmen and start swimming your way to summer!