Augustana University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The address and phone number of the association are, as follows:
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Original accreditation 1931; Last accreditation visit 2011; Next accreditation visit 2021.
Augustana University is also accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.
The University holds professional accreditation in the following organizations:
- NCATE — National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- CED — Council on Education of the Deaf (certified)
- CCNE — Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- SDBN — South Dakota Board of Nursing (approval)
- ACS — Committee on Professional Training for the American Chemical Society (approval)
- NASM — National Association for Schools of Music
- CAATE — Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (approval)
- NAACLS (CLS/MT) — National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (affiliation with accredited programs)